Customer Education and Resources
We at Kainos Print want to provide you with as much information as possible to assist you to get the best possible result from your printing project.
The information contained in this section of our web site is the distillation of twenty-five years of experience. Reading it and following our advice will go a long way towards guaranteeing a top result.
In the section, ‘Preparing your files’, we have provided a comprehensive check list that details all the common (and not so common) ways we have discovered over the years to derail and wreck a printing project — ways to ‘snatch defeat from the jaws of victory’! We update this from time to time as we discover yet more ways to make a project go wrong! We encourage you to take the time to read all these hints and tips carefully. We have information on how to prepare your files, what paper to use and why, hints and tips for the most popular software, and many other useful resources.
Some of the things we cover are as follows.
- Use the right software
- Supply PDF file
- Understand bleeds and use them if necessary
- Make sure all your images are CMYK and not RGB
- Supply high resolution images
- Make certain your job folds correctly
- Don’t do the imposition for us
- Don’t supply any unnecessary files
- Check your spelling and punctuation
- Avoid common grammatical and usage errors
- Print out your job and check, check and check again
- Supply files either stuffed or zipped